Although our physical building is closed, Rainier Prep WILL be providing both breakfast and lunch while remote.
We will be distributing meal boxes once a week. Rainier Prep will distribute meals every Monday from 2-4 unless otherwise communicated. If there is a no school on Monday, meals will be distributed the following school day from 2-4. Each box contains 5 breakfast and 5 lunch meals. Students do not need to be present to pick up meals and can be picked up by parents or other family members. Rainier Prep only needs to record the student’s name and ID number.
Please refer to the flyers below for more information regarding meal distribution and the meal boxes families will receive. If you think you will not be able to make this distribution time, please call our front office.
If you are enrolled for the 2020-21 school year, please print and fill out the meal application for this year below. Please send the completed application to Rainier Prep at 10211 12th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98168.
FOOD RESOURCES FOR DECEMBER 19-JANUARY 3
School meals are not provided during winter break. Here are other food resources you can access during the break. Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing when picking up food.
- December 19, noon-4 p.m. Free boxes of food available at McMicken Heights Baptist Church, 3754 S 172nd Street, SeaTac
- December 22 and December 29, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (while supplies last). Free grab-n-go meals available at Highland Park Improvement Club, 1116 SW Holden St, Seattle hpic1919.org
- December 23, 30, and 31, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Free food boxes available at Burien Elks Club, lower level, 14006 1st Ave S, Burien
- December 20 and 27, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Free food boxes available at Praisealujah, 20842 International Boulevard, SeaTac praisealujah.org
- December 23 and 30, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Free boxes of food available at Rainier Beach Community Center, 8825 Rainier Avenue South, Seattle (enter on South Cloverdale Street). foodlifeline.org/need-food
- December 24 and 31, 2:00-6:00 p.m. (while supplies last). Free grocery boxes filled with dairy, protein and produce available at Lake Burien Presbyterian Church, 15003 14th Ave SW, Burien lbpc.org
Des Moines Area Food Bank, Des Moines United Methodist Church, 22225 9th Ave S, Des Moines 206-878-2660, myfoodbank.org
Holiday hours: Full pantry closed December 24 to January 1, but produce and bread room will be open.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00-11:45 a.m.
- Third Tuesday of the month, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Produce and bread room only, Monday-Friday, 9:00-11:45 a.m.
Highline Area Food Bank, Manhattan Community Center, 18300 4th Ave S Burien 206-433-9900. highlineareafoodbank.org. Languages: Spanish
Holiday hours: closed December 24-January 3
- Tuesday noon-2:30 p.m.
- Thursday 10:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of month 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Eligibility: Residents of the Highline area, encompassing parts of Burien, SeaTac and Normandy Park. Documents required: Photo ID.
King County 211 provides information about health and human services in King County, including: housing assistance, help with financial needs, food banks, health care, children’s needs, legal assistance, support for older adults, and more. For information call 211, or 1-800-621-4636 (TTY 206-461-3219) Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm or visit wa211.org/region/king-county.
Salvation Army Food Pantry, 9050 16th Ave SW Seattle WA 206-767-3150. tsawhitecenter.org
Holiday hours: closed December 25, 26, 28 and 31. Closed January 1
Regular hours: Monday-Friday, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Tukwila Pantry, Riverton Park United Methodist, 3118 S 140th St, Tukwila 206-431-8293. Tukwilapantry.org
Holiday hours: closed December 24, 25 and 26.
Regular hours: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. (Drive through, not walk-up.)
United Way of King County is offering free home delivery of food boxes for vulnerable community members who cannot leave their homes during COVID-19 and cannot access services at their local food bank. Learn more and request a delivery.
White Center Food Bank, 10829 8th Ave SW, Seattle 206-762-2848. whitecenterfoodbank.org. Languages: Arabic, Spanish, Vietnamese
Holiday hours: Closed December 22-January 3
Food pickup is by appointment only. Call 206.762.2848 or visit the website to schedule a pickup during the following periods:
- Monday, noon-3:45 p.m.
- Wednesday and Friday,10:00 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Seniors 60 years or older: Thursday, 10:00 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
- Baby Pantry: Monday, noon-3:00 p.m. and Wednesday and Friday 10 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
- No-Cook Bag: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Documents required: Photo ID