FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any student entering the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade are able to apply. See the application page for more details.
Rainier Prep accepts applications year-round for all grades.
Completed application forms for the 2022-2023 school year must be received by 5:00PM on April 15, 2022 to be eligible for the lottery. (Rainier Prep will conduct a random public lottery within a week of April 15 if we receive more applications than the number of seats available.) Any applications received after the deadline will be put on a waiting list.
Accepted students will receive a Welcome Packet by the first week of May.
There is no cost to attend Rainier Prep. We are currently a free, public, charter school under WA state law.
Please contact Rainier Prep’s McKinney Vento Liaison: Kowsar Hassan, 206-494-5979 x703, email@example.com
Students who are considered “homeless” and are eligible have the right to:
- The right to continue in the school they were in before becoming homeless, if they want to
- The right to continue in the same school they are in if they are homeless now
- The right to transportation to school, if requested
- The right to enroll and attend classes without giving a permanent address
- The right to enroll and attend classes even if you are missing documents usually required for enrollment
- The right to attend the school of your choice while a dispute over your enrollment is being resolved, or, if the school district sends your child to a school other than the school of your choice, you have the right to a written explanation and the right to appeal that decision
Our school is located at 10211 12th Ave S. Seattle, WA 98168.
Rainier Prep will be providing bus services for students living within Highline Public Schools. Bus routes do not go to individual homes but rather to a central location where a number of students can be picked up and dropped off. Please refer to the current school year bus routes.
Yes. We provide breakfast and lunch from Fresh n’ Local Foods Company. We also honor breakfast and lunch prices for students eligible for free and reduced lunch.
By law, Rainier Prep is required to participate in any state and federally mandated assessments similar to a public district school.
Rainier Prep believes in the importance of cultivating students’ interests beyond academic schoolwork. We will offer activities based on the interests of our enrolled students as part of our regular school day.
We are currently a free, public, charter school under WA state law.
Rainier Prep and Rainier Scholars are two separate entities which share a common goal around college preparation and leadership development for low-income, students of color and immigrant students. Rainier Prep is a free public charter middle school and Rainier Scholars is a long-term, wrap-around academic enrichment program. Rainier Scholars staff and board fully support Rainier Prep and the work it seeks to accomplish in the Highline area through curricular, operational and technical support.